How do I know if I need a hearing test?
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, a hearing test may be needed.
- Do you find yourself asking others to repeat what they've said?
- Do you avoid people and large gatherings?
- Do you have difficulty understanding what is being said on the TV, radio or telephone?
- Do you hear what people say, but not understand what they are saying?
- Do your family members complain that you are not hearing them?
What insurance do you accept?
- Washington State Labor and Industry
- Worker's Comp
- ...many other plans on a case by case basis
How do I know where the best place is to get my hearing tested?
- First, consider the provider and their professional qualifications and experience.
- Consider where the hearing tests are being performed. Are evaluations performed in a sound-treated booth? Is the equipment up-to-date and clean? Will the evaluator explain the test results with me? Can I have a copy of the test results?
- Be sure the specialist conducts an otoscopic screening prior to the hearing test.